Friday, July 17, 2026

Jeffry Jensen


BURSTING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK

I finally got around to starting another bursting love poem
right when a Year of the Fire Horse invasion
from across the street blasted into my consciousness.
I paused to call 911--take a quick peek out the window--
but then it was back to love--that is real love--
brick love, stone love, shiny rock love.
I was going deep into the burning emotional
messiness of it all when there was a banging
on my front door that took me of my mood.
It was a group of Chinese celebrants who were making
the rounds and it was my turn to put on my party hat.
I informed them of my current bursting love poem situation.
Fortunately, they got the hint and made
a beeline for my next-door neighbor’s place
with joyous smiles on their faces as the night sky
opened up with a seemingly sudden rip-snorting burst of its own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chad Parenteau

Full     I don’t burst britches   by way of ego   but by eating out self.   Gnaw om own skin.   Swallow co...