Saturday, July 18, 2026

Heather Romero-Kornblum

Fundamental


1.

Last time I was the glue,

my joints dissembled

melted 

like horses’ hooves


My skin hung like

leathery saddlebags

carried on my flank


I faded into nothing

collapsing under feathers


2.

How much can you weigh a woman down?


I was dust of bone

filings


lopsided grin


mop of hair


And still,

I was being used


3.

Blow me up 

like a confetti pinata 


4.

Again, how much can you extract from a woman?

 

I no longer find beauty

in coarse grains of grout

slathered

between shimmering bathroom tiles


(I used to look at

one side of a wall


and see potential


I used to forgive


for effort)


The collages of water-stained ceilings

earth meets water meets air –

all elements living together

no longer suit me


(I learned that


porousness


is not a virtue)


5.

The last time I was glue,

I could barely keep a pulse


They said

I was obsessed with my body

and how I feared it was disappearing


Evidently, women can live

inside holograms


6.

Stop asking me for things



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chad Parenteau

Full     I don’t burst britches   by way of ego   but by eating out self.   Gnaw om own skin.   Swallow co...