Earthquake 🌎 "My Sight is fading Fast"
Where and when?
We certainly know
while the barometer is rising
Vegas and San Berdo hot temps
are not summer surprising
God, be my guide
I must survive, rubble, rubble
toil and trouble stay by my side
if buried alive.
Is the dirt road you hopefully
are not walking on is not bursting
like cracked ice or a window
shield suddenly
Is your apartment building on rollers
or poorly manufactured beams?
What took years to build comes apart
threadbare into fabricated concrete seams
in seconds, there is no middle ground
In between
"Shake, Rattle, and Roll"
there's no time to hum or sing
Snap the ignited gas main
flames overpowering, choking
I cannot breathe
nor see a few feet from me
Crackle of the telephone wires
e-lec-tri-ci- ty flic-ker-ing
"Pop goes the Weasel"
including my paint palette, brushes,
and wooden easel
Clutching my blouse with fists tightening
From a bad dream am I awakening?
This is not "California Dreamin' on
such a winter's day..."
Earthquake in the Golden State,
please don't have your way.
No comments:
Post a Comment